Saturday, March 7, 2009

HONG KONG DAY TWO

Yesterday we took subway, then a closed double-decker bus to Victoria's Peak. It was so neat to see downtown and all the buildings terraced along the landscape. We took the tram back down the peak after eating at Mc Donlads. They have french fries you can put seasoning on and shake in a bag at McDonalds. Your choice is salt and pepper (it was sweet and tomato-like) or seaweed. We chose the first. On the way back we took an open double-decker bus. Our hair was blowing in the wind!! It was so fun and kept us awake! We are 12 hours ahead of USA time.

After a long nap, we went back to exchange money for the train fair to Guangzhou. We leave this morning and get Melaina tomorrow afternoon. Nasim and I came to the airport, where our hotel is located, to use the computer again. Buy a coffee, give a deposit and you are online! We could not sleep much, probably due to the nap. It is about 6 AM, but we were here at 4 AM. Nasim and Emily stayed up late and went to eat. I put on my PJ's and watched Jay Leno!

The city is so fascinating and very modern. I so wish the kids at Norwood School could experience this culture. Like me, they might be surprised how very modern it is here. I can't wait to see more countryside. Emily enjoyed shopping without us. We left her behind to go to the Peak as she was still at her hotel. She is under 30, so I deducted that she was still be able sleep in, unlike Nasim and I! Nasim's dad calls us the Gloden Girls! Ha! The children here are so cute! Most everyone is very friendly. (I won't mention the rude bus driver in detail at this time!)

Tomorrow is the big day! Oh, I just got word another of our friends in the original group will be joining us Tuesday. Marla and her husband will indeed get their baby girl with our group. I am so happy for them. God is good!

Bob, Nicole and Landon, miss and love you. Friends and family too! Off to have a morning cheeseburger. No more noodles for a year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your having a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it and see her when you come back home.

Sara