Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MY RED CUP, MY YELLOW CUP

When Peggy K. Brought Ellie home, Miss Ellie held on to that stacking cup for life. Bing does the same. She is also quite fond of the plastic on the wipes container and rags. The textures seem new to her like did Miss Ellie. Like Bob, she is always pulling something over her face to sleep. She got to wave at him on Skype yesterday. We are on the hunt for a pacifier at his suggestion. She may not take one though. She is pretty attached to the thumb.

The medical exam was fine, long day for my Bing. Later we went to the police station for her passport application. Bing just wanted to sleep and let her preference be known to the doctors.

My sweet pea woke a few minutes ago. She drank 1/2 ounce of formula and kept it down. Yahoo! First in over 24 hours! I did not want to push my luck, so we loved a bit and then she went back down. I stole this shot of her below. The rest of the group will tour a garden today. Bing and I will take it easy.

Thank you everyone for the posts and good suggestions. Lisa, I would love to find some of the Tylenol you mentioned. I only brought liquid. Good idea though. Maybe I will ask around.

2 comments:

Shannon and Boyd Bringolf said...

Bing will be better soon. It is so hard the first time they don't feel well and being away from the comfort of your home. Hang in there mama. Kali always liked to have a cool washcloth rubbed on her head lightly.

LLcaseworker said...

Abby,
If you have some electrolyte solution (like pedialyte) with you, that is good for kids with vomiting and diarrhea. Even water in a pinch may be easier to keep down than formula.

She is so pretty -- what darling picture of her!

Carole