Monday, March 9, 2009

TUESDAY IN GUANGZHOU

Today we went back to the same place we met Bing at the Welfare Institute. This time it was to be interviewed. We were sworn to love and never abandon the baby. Did we like her? Then the notary asked more questions. He was a bit more investigative. Why do you want a Chinese child, how will you care for her? How much money do you make. What does your husband do and where is he? HOw many other children do you have? Are you happy with the baby?

I will post more photos soon. I have great pictures of the staff from the orphanage 7 hours away. They were there again today to say goodbye to the babies and answer any more questions.

While some people went grocery shopping and so did Nasim, baby and I kept to her schedule and she napped. I tried, but still to excited and thankful. Nasim has been such a big help and brought back food, items for the baby and WATER! Bottled water is our commodity of choice here. I am just not sure what I would do without her.

Lucky for us we have a dermatologist in our group. He has been helpful looking at some skin issues. Bing only had a small bump on her neck under her chin and a scratch on the back of her neck. All is well. He is a very kind man.

Tonight we go to the popular Island where the famous White Swan Hotel is located. I plan to buy Chinese children's dresses and hopefully a Chinese baby doll for my dear friend Abbey Witzig. I hope I can find one.

Tomorrow is the physical in the afternoon. I will post more later. Nap time for mom!

Sorry folks at school, Stanely and NT have been taking a break lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for the both of you.
Can't wait to see her when you get home. Rick G

Anonymous said...

Abby, I am so happy for you!! Can't wait to meet her in person! You deserve this great gift from God!! You are blessed and a blessing!!

Suzanne M