Monday, March 16, 2009

THANKS

I want to thank everyone for the posts. Also for those emails and all my cyber buddies on the group who gave me help and suggestions to make Melaina Bing Nasim Humbles better! Yesterday we got her official passport, the visa and other paperwork should be ready soon. China is a country that really shows love for children and elderly. The paper trail is one way they keep track, but it is amazing how women and some men on the street look at and adore the babies. Some with curiosity, others with love, some with what I guess is a fore lorn look of perhaps personal loss in a story untold. I am grateful to this place for giving me Bing. I know we will return someday so she can learn part of her own history.

On a less somber note, I surely can't wait to eat some American food and see my friends and family. I am hoping Bob's dad is doing better, as he was in the hospital. Love to everyone. I really miss my work family too. Can't wait to get big hugs from Bobby, Tiger, Lily, and Fredrick O'Patty! Sa and Peggy, I am so ready for a Starbucks date! Dad, I am ready to walk the mall. Bing has my legs plenty strong!

We leave on the 20th in China! Arrive on the 20th in Peoria! Gaining a day will be nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy your journey is coming to an end and you will be coming home soon! I can't wait to meet Melaina and to talk to you. I've really missed our chats! Be safe in your travels home and sleep as much as you can on the plane (I know that will be difficult). See you soon!

Sa

Anonymous said...

Abby,

I can't wait until you're back in Peoria. Maya and I are dying to meet Bing!! You'll have to let us know when you're over your jet lag and ready to do lunch. Hugs from Peoria!

Anonymous said...

Love the group shot. I'm so excited that you will be home soon.
Love, Glenda